The 50 Treasures of Kenya Trust, a Nairobi based charitable organization, is the primal force behind initiating the 50 Treasures of Kenya as well as the 50 Treasures of Kenya Project.
“Treasure Kenya!”, the slogan of the 50 Treasures of Kenya Trust, can be understood in two ways. Kenyans, foreigners living in Kenya and friends outside the country should read it as: “Cherish your country!” To people abroad it appeals in the sense of: “Come to Kenya – it is magnificent and precious!”
We strive towards a marvelous Kenya. From a national perspective: a peaceful, fair and evenly developed nation which is using its human and natural resources in the most effective and sustainable way. From an international perspective: a country with a fair and positive image that attracts more visitors and investors.
The 50 Treasures of Kenya Trust’s mission is to initiate and steer the identification, documentation and proclamation of the 50 Treasures of Kenya, use their momentum to form a project comprised by a wide coalition of partners and participants which strives for the protection and sustainable use of Kenya’s human resources as well as the cultural and natural heritage through the promotion of sustainable tourism and local development, hence delivering a long lasting benefit to its people.
The 50 Treasures of Kenya Trust’s strategy is to waken the huge emotional potential of Kenya’s 50th Anniversary of Independence to create awareness and initiate action, bringing Kenyans from all walks of society – governmental and civil, rural and urban – to cooperate with each other in the endeavor for an improved Kenya. The Trust seeks to establish a strong network of partners synchronizing their work for the common goal, relying predominantly on Kenyan and local potential and resources, using input from outside of Kenya only where necessary and in a manner relinquishing over the course of time.
Core functions of the Trust
Within a network of partners which are shaping and driving the idea of the 50 Treasures of Kenya, the Trust’s core functions are:
- Promoting the idea of the 50 Treasures of Kenya and driving the constant development of the concept
- Identifying, researching, documenting and proclaiming the 50 Treasures of Kenya and marketing the 50 Treasures of Kenya brand
- Supporting the development of sustainable tourism standards and their implementation in connection to the 50 Treasures of Kenya Project
- Building and sustaining a network of relevant partners inside of Kenya and abroad, synchronizing goals and activities to maximize synergies and outcomes
- Acting as a consulting and marketing partner for local communities in connection to the 50 Treasures of Kenya